Oscars Selfie

Oscars Selfie
An Oscars selfie taken by our 2014 national winners!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Meet Kayanie Terrazas

Kayanie in her evening gown at Miss Royalty International.
Meet Kayanie Terrazas - the 2014 Miss Royalty International Spirit queen!  Kayanie is a joy to be around and is very actively involved in her community.  She is a true testiment to what it means to be beautiful inside and out.  Find out more about Kayanie in this exclusive interview below.


MRI - Kayanie, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Kayanie - I love to do many things. First of all, I love music. Music makes the world go round. I always carry my headphones everywhere I go, so I am never without my music. I like to play the piano, violin and I am trying to learn how to play my guitar. I also love to dance and won a dance contest at my homecoming dance this year. I like to sing, even though I probably can't carry a tune to save my life. I love to work out and this includes boxing. Boxing is a great way to stay in shape. After all, a girl's gotta be able to defend herself, right? I especially enjoy family time and spending time hanging out with my crazy friends. Whether we go to amusement parks, concerts, movies, dinner or just chillin' at the mall, lake or someone's house, we always manage to have fun and enjoy each other's company.



MRI - What did you do to prepare for the pageant?
Kayanie - I shopped for the best outfits that looked good on me. I tried on my dresses and heels and practiced walking, posture and turns. I chose what make up and hairstyle to wear. I chose accessories and last but not least I practiced interview. Most judges use the bio sheet to ask questions. So everyone should feel comfortable with the questions and should easily be able to answer any of them. Practicing is of the utmost importance. Like the old saying goes, "Practice makes perfect!"

Fun fashion wear at the 2014 Miss Royalty International pageant.

Kayanie in her interview attire.  The red really pops!

MRI - What is one piece of advice you have for next year's contestants?
Kayanie - Relax! You are in for an amazing surprise. You will make new and lasting friendships. Everything is organized and everyone is easy-going. Be confident and do your best. You will walk away from this experience a better person. The director spares no expense on every contestant. I am grateful for her generosity and was surprised to receive so many gifts. Believe me, whether you leave with or without an International crown and sash, you will be treated like the princess/queen that you were meant to be. Pray, keep your faith and stay positive. Be yourself and everything will be okay!

MRI - What is your favorite vacation spot?
Kayanie - Decisions, decisions. I think taking time to vacation is very important. Everyone works hard and should allocate at least a week or two per year to spend some time with family or close friends. It is not necessary to spend a fortune or go to some exotic island. Anywhere can be a paradise, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I had a blast last summer in Hawaii with my family and one of my best friends. But I especially enjoyed the cruise I took a few years ago and would love to cruise again in the near future, hint, hint, mom and dad.

Beauty, brains, and...surfing!?  Wow!




MRI - What is your favorite organization to volunteer for?
Kayanie - Wow, that is a tough one. I volunteer for several outstanding organizations. I believe anyone who is healthy and able to contribute in some fashion should volunteer and do their part to make this world a better place. Currently, I would say working with the Simon Foundation. They are a no kill, animal rescue and adoption center. I will be volunteering for them this coming up weekend and I am extremely excited as I love working with animals. I also have volunteered with our local animal shelter and I am a Guardian with the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I am also the proud owner of a mini zoo. I have four birds, two bunny rabbits, two dogs, two turtles, a cat, a school of fish and I am trying to convince my parents to purchase a horse for me.

 



MRI - What is your fondest memory?
Kayanie - I have been very blessed to have a lifetime of fond memories. Other than the amazing Miss Royalty International pageant I attended a week ago, I would say my fondest memory was when I went to Discovery Cove in Florida. I got to swim with the dolphins. Since I love animals so much, I cannot explain the utter joy and excitement I felt being in the water with these amazing creatures. They are so intelligent and friendly. Our guide let us spend time petting them and I rode solo across the water on their back. Then came the special time when we got to kiss the dolphin. Oh sweet heaven, I thought I was going to die. It was definitely a memorable moment. This was an amazing and unforgettable experience.

MRI - What makes Miss Royalty International different from other pageants you've been in?
Kayanie - First and foremost, Miss Royalty International is a pageant with a heart. It seeks to bring out the best in every young girl and woman. When one leaves this pageant they will be a better person and will have experienced a professional, fair and honest system. All pageants are not created equal. I highly recommend Miss Royalty International pageant to anyone who is a novice or anyone who is experienced in the industry. I commend our Director, Miss Cheryl Smukowski and her staff, for their kind, caring and generous support. Miss Cheryl is simply amazing and I applaud her for her integrity and affording everyone the opportunity to participate in this pageant system. When you enter this pageant, you will be making one of the best decisions and I promise you will not regret it.

Hustle to Health run




Wow...what an amazing person Kayanie is.  As you can see, she lights up a room with her bubbly personality.  We are so proud to have her join the MRI family!  Way to go, Kayanie!

Michelle Becker
www.missroyaltyinternational.com


No comments:

Post a Comment