Oscars Selfie

Oscars Selfie
An Oscars selfie taken by our 2014 national winners!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Meet Sydney Phillips

In the spotlight:  Sydney Phillips.   



Sydney was the 2013 Miss royalty International Jr. Teen. Throughout her reign, she made many appearances and amazed us with her bubbly personality.  This year, we were honored to crown Sydney as the 2014 Miss Royalty International Lifetime Queen.  She and her mom are going to direct the Miss Royalty International Midwest pageant and we couldn't be more thrilled!  

Want to know more?  Read on to find out what Sydney is all about in our exclusive interview below.

Holding the winner of the 2014 Miss Royalty International Cover contest, Jessica Strupp!
Sydney guest hosts on Pageant Live as Miss royalty International Jr. Teen 2013
Sydney wins 2013 Miss Royalty International Jr. Teen!
2014 Miss Royalty International Lifetime Queen!
Making an appearance as Miss Royalty International Jr. Teen 2013 at a Twins game!
Sister queens of Miss Royalty International on Target Field

MRI - Sydney, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Sydney - I like to play my guitar, competitive cheerleading, traveling, training my dog, shopping with my friends, and volunteering at the Humane Society.

MRI - Is the Human Society your favorite place to volunteer for?
Sydney - Yes.  The Minnesota Humane Society is my favorite place to volunteer for because animals are a huge part of my life.  I want to be a vet when I grow up and have 5 pets myself; one of which I rescued.  I love finding animals a home where they can be loved and cared for.  The Humane Society will always be near and dear to my heart.








MRI -  We love animals, too.  Sounds like you do some great things for them.   Besides volunteering, what's your favorite hobby?
Sydney - My favorite hobby is competitive cheerleading because it challenges me.  I get to be a part of a great team, and I get to travel the country to compete in national championships and of course make cheer friends from other states and countries.  My fondest memory is winning a national championship with my cheerleading team!




MRI -  People would like to know what you did to prepare for the pageant the first time around?
Sydney - To prepare for this pageant, I tried to work a lot on interview and my public speaking skills so I could be comfortable in the interview process.

MRI - Yes, interview is one of the toughest categories, for sure!  What advice would you give to next year's contestants?
Sydney - Advice for next year's contestants is to be yourself, let your personality show, and just have fun.

MRI - That's great advice.  Let's change it up a bit.  What's your favorite vacation spot?
Sydney - My favorite vacation spot is Chile because that's where some of my family lives, so I can enjoy myself on the beach or in the mountains, and still spend time with family.




MRI - That sounds beautiful!  Last question:  What makes Miss Royalty International different from any other pageant you've competed in?
Miss Royalty International is different because the director treats all girls like family and truly cares about each and every one of them.  The system also promotes volunteering and encourages you to be the best you can be.

Wow, what a great interview.  We love the pictures that Sydney submitted.  Looks like she's made some amazing memories so far.  Thanks for reading and have a fantastic week!

Michelle Becker
www.missroyaltyinternational.com



No comments:

Post a Comment