Oscars Selfie

Oscars Selfie
An Oscars selfie taken by our 2014 national winners!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Meet Tori Cavey

We are excited to introduce to you Victoria Cavey, the 2014 Miss Royalty International Pre-Teen! 




Tori has been competing in pageants for just over a year.  In that short period of time, she's taken the pageant world by storm!  Learn more about Tori in this exclusive interview below:

MRI - Tori, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Tori I am a U.S. National qualifying gymnast, I play the French horn in the school band, I'm a straight A student so I study a lot too. I also love to do pageants, read books, do crafts, shop at Abercrombie, and have sleepovers with my friends.




MRI - What is your favorite hobby?
Tori - My favorite hobby is gymnastics. I love beam most and floor is a close second. I am really a good vaulter though :). Bars are tough for me - so I practice them most! Gymnastics is something I have to work very hard at. I love practice, going to meets and this Summer I'm headed to Tampa, Florida for my third U.S. National event.



MRI - What did you do to prepare for the pageant?
Tori - I practiced! A lot!! I went through my routines, helped pick out my outfits, I practiced interview with my mom and I practiced by myself. I worked very hard - I always work very hard before any event. I really wanted to win the Preteen Division and represent Miss Royalty International and I knew if I wanted that, I would have to work very hard for it.




MRI - What is one piece of advice you have for next year's contestants?
Tori Be yourself. It's ok to be 12 - don't be in a hurry to grow up. Be you, act your age and enjoy the weekend. Our family had so much fun, and we made lots of new friends because we were there and we were happy to be there! Remember to enjoy the weekend so you can make great memories and lots of new friends. But most importantly, you will want to practice. Practice won't make you perfect but it will make you more confident and give you courage. Try your best - and wow the judges by being yourself.




MRI - What is your favorite vacation spot?
Tori My favorite vacation spot is Florida because I like to shop at all the stores, go to the beach and watch people do the bungee jump - which is awesome!!! I also like to go on our annual Christmas cruise with our family.

MRI - What is your favorite organization to volunteer for?
Tori - Feed My Starving Children. It's so important to help others in need and I did this as a Girl Scout and am doing it again this year. I'm also planning on volunteering this year by writing letters and sending items to our troops. When I grow up I want to be a Marine, and this gives me an opportunity to give back to the troops who defend the U.S. 

MRI - What is your fondest memory?
Tori - My best ever memory was taking 5th place in the country, on beam at the U.S. Gymnastics Nationals in 2013. I was so shocked and cried on the podium. Winning Miss Royalty International was also my fondest memory. I worked so hard and look forward to an entire year of representing my title. I was in shock when my name was called, and that was the first time I ever did a wave on stage. I won't forget that day! I also won't forget my dad winning the "Most Handsome Man" and that's going to be something I remember forever. He's always so quiet but he went on stage with me and break danced. He "wowed" the judges and he won!



MRI - What makes this pageant different than any other pageant you've done?
Tori My mom says it's not a pageant, it's a production. I felt like I was on tv the entire time. I felt like a princess. There were so many gifts and the people are so nice. The crown and sash are beautiful, the awards are amazing and I can't wait to get started on my appearances and events. I plan to share Miss Royalty International with lots of pre-teens so they can have the same experience I did. It's an amazing pageant where everyone feels like a princess

The Miss Royalty International organization is excited to have Tori on board. We cannot wait to see what she does with the rest of her reign! Congratulations, Tori. You are such an inspiration to all the young ladies throughout the world!


Michelle Becker
www.missroyaltyinternational.com





No comments:

Post a Comment